Here is yet another title to add to your growing must-have September list. Supernova has been the second much anticipated expansion to our 2011 Game of the Year space-exploration game, Galaxy On Fire Full HD, adding another 10 hours of single player and free-roam content. Supernova can be purchased from within the game for $6.99/£4.99, or if you missed out on the first add-on, $9.99/£6.99 which bundles both Valkyrie [review] and Supernova expansions.
Supernova is tightly linked with the storyline of Valkyrie (you can’t play Supernova without playing Valkyrie), and continues the story of Keith T. Maxwell as he traces back ‘the origins of a giant supernova that threatens to blow the whole Mido sector and its inhabitants into oblivion’. Looking past the story, Supernova comes packed with extra goodies like Bounty Hunter missions, new star systems and commodities, and powerful ships to purchase.
• An epic story line with more than 10 hours of action-packed open space gameplay
• Eight new space ships (incl. most wanted ships and modded special ships)
• Dozens of new weapons, power-ups and commodities (incl. gamma shields and cluster missiles)
• New mission types and gameplay modes (e.g. bounty hunting, plasma collecting and hacking)
• Seven new star systems, including the gamma-poisoned supernova systems
• New capital ships and structures (e.g. Vossk battle cruiser and Mido mining plant)
You can download Supernova now by updating your game and accessing the DLC page through the game menu.